- Congratulations to Kellynne Cole, who was honored today with a Volunteer Appreciation Award by Blackman Township (MI). Township Supervisor, Dan Hawkins states, "Kellynne has been a Godsend for our Beautification efforts...she personifies the concept of 'giving' and is a true ambassador of Community Connection for Commonwealth Associates." Kellynne is a CADD Operator in Department 40.
|Kellynne Cole receives her award from Township Supervisor, Dan Hawkins.|
- Paul Reed, P.E., a Transmission Section Manager in the Northwest office, recently traveled to Tijuana, Mexico, to build a home for an impoverished family living in a retired landfill. Paul reports, "We served breakfast one morning to 250 people in this community with another outreach program and also added electrical and siding to a room extension at a local orphanage run by a third ministry."
|Transmission Section Manager Paul Reed, P.E.|
|Reed with the team by their handiwork.|
- Also in the Northwest office, Admin Treasure Arens, reports that she will be receiving two tickets, which were drawn by lottery, for the August 18th PBS Antiques Roadshow Tour Event in Seattle. Treasure states, "I am very excited because it is one of my favorite TV programs and it will be fun learning about my items...you never know, I may be selected to be on TV!"
- The Commonwealth Softball Team just wrapped up the first half of their 2012 season and started the second half with a big 26-4 win over Pentar Stamping. Congratulations on an exciting season so far!
- This week, Commonwealth staff and their family and guests will take part in the Summer Big Event -- which this year is a baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the reigning World Series Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals. The evening will begin with a picnic on the famed Pepsi Porch. It should be a wonderful evening and a great opportunity to connect with other departments and new employees!